Creating a website that looks great, produces results, and operates smoothly (or at least without glitches) is easier said than done.
And while there’s no such thing as a perfect website, that doesn’t mean you should settle for less than the best when it comes to your online front door.
So if you’re looking to take a few steps closer to perfection, ask yourself:
1. Do you have Google Analytics installed to track metrics?
2. Is your website mobile-responsive for viewing across different sized devices?
3. Are you using relevant keywords for SEO in your copy?
4. Does your website load quickly (under 2 seconds)?
5. Is your website ADA compliant?
6. Do you have high-quality photography?
7. Is there a clear CTA (call to action) so website visitors know how to take the next step?
8. Is your contact information prominently displayed?
9. Do you have a blog where you are posting content regularly?
10. Does your website come up on the first page of Google when searching for relevant keywords?
11. Do you have clear site navigation?
12. Do you have a live chat feature?
13. Is your website’s design functional and easy for visitors to navigate?
14. Do you have a memorable, easy-to-spell, short, and/or relevant domain name?
15. Are you consistently using fonts that are easy to read?
16. Are your graphics compressed and optimized for fast loading?
17. Do you keep up on regular website maintenance to make sure software is updated and your site is secure?
18. Is all of your content worth the reader’s time (a.k.a. no fluff or filler)?
19. Do you regularly backup your website files and database?
20. Are you capturing leads and funneling them into your email marketing system?
21. Does your copy clearly communicate who you are and what you do?
22. Is your copy broken up into short, easy-to-read chunks?
23. Do you show social proof/testimonials on your website?
24. Is your copy framing the customer as the hero (à la the StoryBrand framework)?
How many questions did you answer yes to?
Tally up your points. If your total was…
0–8: You need to make some changes to your website ASAP.
9–16: Good, but there is definitely room for improvement on your site!
17–24: Congratulations, you have a great site! Now it’s time to make it even better.
Here’s the kicker—if you answered no to any of these questions, then you found a weakness in your website and an opportunity to kick things up!
Ready to whip your website into shape?
Book a free 15-minute Discovery Call with TwoTone Creative for help turning all of your answers to the above questions to: YES!
With more than 10 years of agency experience, Jenny has had the privilege of working with a large variety of brands. She loves partnering with other business owners and entrepreneurs, and specializes in brand development. From digital marketing to online course creation, Jenny’s knowledge and skillset has prepared her to be a successful creative director.