TwoTone Creative is a marketing and design agency located in West Des Moines, Iowa. We design and write for a variety of clients, helping them with their communication strategies, design, messaging, social, and marketing initiatives. Our small team atmosphere allows us to be nimble, take ownership of our work, and move quickly to serve our clients. We work from a bright, comfortable, friendly office, and believe deeply in work/life balance. We are looking for an experienced, creative, and fun individual to join us. If this gets your heart racing with excitement, keep reading and I hope we can meet soon.
A NOTE FROM OUR FOUNDER
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonus / Profit-sharing program
- Room for growth in the company
- Graduated paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- 401K with 4% company match
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision and accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Work From Home Wednesdays
- Regular team lunches (birthday / work anniversaries / other celebrations!)
- Team outings and events
- MacBook Pro, 2nd monitor, Adobe suite (and other resources) provided
A Typical Work Week
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing a wide variety of both digital and print assets. This role requires someone that is a self-starter, capable of delivering remarkable creative ideas, and has an incredible attention to detail.
Top 5 Responsibilities
- Print/digital assets
- Create effective designs
- Brainstorm design ideas
- Brand standards adherence
- No pixel pushing*
*No Pixel Pushing means avoiding mindless design and merely moving things around to make them aesthetic. Our creative team should look beyond just the “to-do” and align work with the goal of the request to drive results for marketing and brand awareness.
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Designing with marketing in mind and how what is being created will call people to action
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size, and style and submitting them for approval.
- Design projects including but not limited to print, logos, branding, advertising, promotional items, social content, presentations, and merchandise
- Prepare files for print and/or fabrication
- Communicate with print vendors, nationally and locally to get work printed correctly, on budget and on time
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with clients about layout and design.
- High attention to detail and ability to check your work for accuracy
- Designing quickly and efficiently without loss of quality
- Mac Proficient
- Skilled in Illustrator and Photoshop with strong vector illustration capabilities
- Comfortable working with conservative Christian churches and non-profits
- Ability to design for churches and accurately represent their message
- Uses good judgment and works with integrity
- Works independently and quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly change from one project to another
- Adeptness with learning new apps and software
- Comfortable leading projects and other designers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Punctual and dependable
- Previous agency experience
- Marketing background
- Entrepreneurial spirit
We create work that leaves an impression. We over-deliver and “wow” with every interaction. We are committed to doing work that makes an impact.
We believe marketing is about people and so are we. We serve each other and everyone with joy. We are rooting for one another and our client’s success.
We bring clarity and solve tough problems. We bring our own batteries (not literally, batteries are in the office storage closet). We are quick, clever, and upbeat when difficulties come.